ATLANTIC CITY, N.J., June 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, Resorts Casino Hotel has developed a Play Safe, Work Safe plan to responsibly welcome back guests and team members to the most comfortable, fun and safe environment. “We want our guests to be able to enjoy the friendly and warm experience that has always been part of our core values but with the addition of new health and safety measures,” said Mark Giannantonio, President and CEO of Resorts Casino Hotel.
The plan includes a significant capital investment to improve air quality, as well as clean and sanitize surfaces across the property. This investment includes the installation of advanced bipolar ionization and UV technology to purify the air and clean surfaces. “We are excited about being one of the safest destinations in our region upon reopening. We will be utilizing what research has shown to be the best sanitization and air quality technology available today,” said Mark Giannantonio. “As we adapt to our ‘new normal,’ we have taken the steps to provide for the safety and well-being of our team members and guests.”
Advanced cleaning and decontamination efforts will be done and will include the following:
- The installation of UV-C sterilization technology on all escalators to regularly eliminate bacteria and viruses on handrails.
- Mobile ultraviolet light technology that is utilized in the nation’s top hospitals will be used to clean and disinfect areas including hotel rooms and public restrooms.
- Advanced UV technology will also be installed in the air handlers to kill bacteria and viruses.
- The installation of a bipolar ionization air purification system which purifies and disinfects the air flowing into a space and reduces the spread of airborne viruses and bacteria resulting in healthier indoor air quality.
- Servpro, a professional cleaning company, has disinfected and sanitized the casino complex with their patented electrostatic spraying process.
The Play Safe, Work Safe plan also includes measures to ensure the health and well-being of team members with mandatory health screening and temperature checks. In addition, team members will be thoroughly trained on the CDC and industry-wide health and safety protocols upon returning to work. Team members will still be smiling but under masks and, in many areas, will be serving guests through a plexiglass barrier.
Guests can expect to enjoy first class hotel, dining and gaming experience with some new safety initiatives:
- Hotel guests can utilize mobile express check-in and checkout.
- Casino and hotel elevators will maintain a maximum occupancy of four people.
- Social distancing will be seen throughout the property including on the casino floor where every other slot machine will be available for play and there will be limited seating at all table games.
- Seating in Resorts-owned and tenant-operated restaurants will be reduced to provide a comfortable dining experience.
- Hand sanitizer stations and hand wipes will be readily available throughout the property for the convenience of both guests and team members.
Resorts Casino Hotel will be ready to welcome guests back when the state indicates that we can open.
Additional information on safety protocols and reopening efforts will be forthcoming as Resorts Casino Hotel looks forward to welcoming back our valued guests, team members and partners soon. Additional updates on bookings, online gaming offerings, current promotions and more are being regularly provided at resortsac.com/covid-19-statement.
ABOUT RESORTS CASINO HOTEL
The resort that brought gaming to Atlantic City in 1978, Resorts Casino Hotel, a Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment Property, is at the top of its game today, offering world-class casino action in a relaxed environment that keeps the focus on fun. Resorts Casino Hotel made history as the first American casino outside of Nevada and recently celebrated a major milestone – their 40th anniversary in May 2018. Winner of 21 Casino Player Magazine 2018 “Best of Gaming Awards,” Resorts Casino Hotel has undergone $125 million in renovations, including the all new state-of-the-art Resorts Conference Center, a large $25 million room renovation project, and the $35 million Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville – themed entertainment complex with the only beach bar, Landshark Bar and Grill, on the Atlantic City sand open year – round. In 2018, Resorts also welcomed DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts, an on-property retail space where guests can enjoy live, in-game and general sports betting around the world.
Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment assumed management of Resorts Casino Hotel in 2012, a move that has set the stage for its return as the most exciting gaming destination in Atlantic City. Boasting a prime location spanning 21 acres at the northern end of the gamed Atlantic City Boardwalk, the resort features 942 guest rooms and suites in two hotel towers, an 80,000 square-foot casino, two theaters, 10 restaurants, a food court featuring six eateries, two VIP slot and table player lounges, a casino bar, indoor-outdoor swimming pool, health club and spa, salon, and retail shops. Its 64,000 square feet of technologically advanced meeting space includes 24 meeting and function rooms, most featuring natural light and ocean views, and a 13,000 square-foot ballroom. For more information, visit our website or call 1.800.334.6378. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or Instagram and view us on Youtube.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/resorts-casino-hotel-introduces-plan-to-welcome-back-guests-and-team-members-301072106.html
SOURCE Resorts Casino Hotel