MCLEAN, Va., Sept. 10, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — Today, FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education), the world’s leading non-governmental organization engaged in food allergy advocacy and the largest private funder of food allergy research, is pleased to announce its dynamic speaker list for the 2020 Living Teal™ Global Summit. This year’s summit, which will be held virtually October 1-3, will feature speeches and panel discussions from food allergy experts, advocates, physicians, actors and actresses, comedians, athletes, celebrity chefs and more.
“A staggering 85 million Americans live each day affected by food allergies and food intolerances, and FARE is committed to connecting with and embracing each and every one of these individuals,” said Lisa Gable, chief executive officer of FARE. “The Living Teal™ Global Summit is completely virtual and totally free of charge to all who wish to attend. This year, our programming will be more accessible and affordable to the entire community, including and beyond those with food allergies, and it is our hope that our exciting lineup of speakers further unites and grows the food allergy community coast to coast and all over the world.”
The 2020 Living Teal™ Global Summit will use its new digital environment to be more inclusive and allow greater access to a larger audience, including with a more expansive speaker and influencer lineup. By expanding the speaker list, FARE seeks to reach new audiences and create more engaging, interesting and informative programming.
FARE’s featured speakers include:
- Shannon Miller, Olympic gold medalist, mother of two, cancer survivor, author and sports analyst. Shannon Miller is one of the most decorated Olympic gymnasts in the U.S., with seven Olympic medals. Following her retirement from competitive gymnastics, Miller has dedicated her life to encouraging and empowering others to break through and overcome their own personal challenges. She now travels the country as a highly sought-after motivational speaker on topics ranging from her “Gold Medal Mindset” to cancer and survivorship to the importance of health and fitness.
- Ali Khan, Television host and food writer/blogger/influencer. Ali Khan is a television host and food writer/blogger/influencer sharing his love for food across multiple digital platforms. His breakout series, “Cheap Eats,” ran for five seasons on Cooking Channel. He is a regular on “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” a judge on Food Network’s “Chopped” and “Chopped Junior,” and the host of the fourth season of “Spring Baking Championship,” also on Food Network. His food writing has appeared in BlackBook Magazine, UrbanDaddy, James Beard winner L.A. TACO, and You Gotta Eat This as well as on his own food blog, Bang for Your Burger Buck. His vlog series, “blackbookali” was part of Tastemade’s initial content launch.
- Heather Brooker, Actress, Emmy Award-winning journalist, and host of the popular podcast, Motherhood in Hollywood. Heather Brooker is an actress, Emmy Award-winning journalist, and host of the popular podcast, Motherhood in Hollywood. She’s appeared in over 40 films and TV shows like “Grey’s Anatomy,” “The Office,” “Fresh Off the Boat,” “The Mindy Project” and more. Brooker is also in the groundbreaking role of digital entertainment reporter for KNBC in Los Angeles, where she regularly interviews celebrities and influencers in Hollywood. On her podcast, she discusses her two passions — parenting and show business — and has a hilariously addicting, tell-it-like-it-is personality. She recently spoke at the Girl Up Leadership Summit alongside Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton and Meghan Markle about gender equity and body positivity.
- Rashad Jennings, Former NFL running back, “Dancing With the Stars” winner, and health & fitness advocate. Rashad Jennings is a former New York Giants running back who went on to win “Dancing With the Stars.” In October 2018, ABC brought Rashad back to host their web series, “The Making of: Dancing With the Stars.” He is also the author of “The IF in Life,” which made the New York Times Best Sellers list in June 2018. Due to the success of his first book, Rashad is now the author of a children’s series, titled The Coin Slot Chronicles (with the fourth and final book to be published in September 2020), which follows a young boy, Arcade Livingston, and his friends on their time-travelling, globe-trotting adventures.
- Simon Majumdar, Food Network chef, author, food & travel writer and broadcaster. Simon Majumdar is a world-renowned broadcaster, food writer, speaker, author and cook who has dedicated the second half of his time on this planet to fulfill his ambition to “Go Everywhere, Eat Everything.” It is a journey that has taken him to all fifty states and to dozens of countries around the world. He is currently the restaurant critic for Time Out Los Angeles and has written hundreds of articles for such outlets as The Guardian, Foodnetwork.com, The Times of London and Sauté Magazine. He has also written three books: “Eat My Globe” (2009), “Eating for Britain” (2011), and “Fed, White and Blue” (2015). Simon is a well-recognized television personality, regularly appearing on shows such as “Guy Fieri’s Tournament of Champions,” “Iron Chef America,” “Guy’s Grocery Games,” “Cutthroat Kitchen,” “Beat Bobby Flay,” Cooks vs. Cons,” and “The Next Iron Chef” (Food Network); “The Best Thing I Ever Ate” (Food Network, Cooking Channel), and EAT: The Story of Food (Nat Geo). He is also the creator, writer and host of the food history podcast, Eat My Globe: Things You Didn’t Know You Didn’t Know About Food, which is produced in cooperation with the University of California at Los Angeles Department of History.
- David Rose, Chef and Food Network star. Chef Rose is a Food Network/TV personality and serves as a national brand ambassador for Nissan USA and Big Green Egg. Rose is also the founder and creator of the TLC Experience (Tastings • Libations • Cigars), where he partners with spirits and cigar companies to create extraordinary dining experiences. Recently, he has been named as a brand ambassador for Davidoff/Camacho Cigars. Last year, Rose appeared as a finalist on “Food Network Star” (Season 13), cooking head to head with Bobby Flay and fielding praise from Giada de Laurentiis. Chef David Rose regularly appears on Food Network, “Good Morning America,” “The Today Show,” “Steve Harvey,” “Home & Family” (Hallmark), “Pickler & Ben,” HLN, “Sisters Circle Live,” “Fox & Friends,” and local morning shows across the country, and he served as a celebrity chef judge for “The Chef’s Classic” (CBS).
- Shreya Shivakumar, Founder and president of Nourish America, a nonprofit organization that provides allergy-friendly food to people in need. Shreya Shivakumar began searching for ways to reduce food insecurity after volunteering at her local food pantry. Since its inception in 2018, Nourish America has held allergy-friendly food drives and fundraisers to provide over 1,100 pounds of allergy-friendly food to underprivileged communities in the Tri-State area. The youth-led organization has also hosted two annual Notes For Nourish benefit concerts to fundraise for this cause.
- Traci Stumpf, Stand-up comic and TV & digital host. Traci is one of the most versatile, charming and spontaneous stand-up comics and TV/digital hosts on the air today. She brings her unique, intelligent and witty sense of humor to every microphone. Traci has brought her comedic charm to networks like MTV, E!, Discovery, Entertainment Tonight, Yahoo! Studios and TBS, to name a few. Most recently you can catch her hosting several Investigation Discovery shows including “The 1990s: Totally Scandalous” and their hit show “Crime Obsession” a weekly talk show for the true fans of true crime, currently in its second season. Her improv skills shine as the host of “MTV’s Bugging Out,” a high energy prank show, and music game show special “MTV’s Game Changer” with Shawn Mendes. Traci has hosted everything from nightly recap shows to red carpets all the way to the massive MTV Millennial Awards (MIAW) with Fall Out Boy’s front man Pete Wentz.
- Dr. Brian Vickery, Pediatric allergist-immunologist at Emory University and founding Director of the Food Allergy Center at Emory + Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. Dr. Brian Vickery is a pediatric allergist-immunologist at Emory University and founding Director of the Food Allergy Center at Emory + Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. He is an emerging leader in food allergy who for the past 12 years has run productive and consistently funded research teams focused on improving patient outcomes in food allergy by developing innovative treatments.
“There is no doubt that we are living in unique and unprecedented times,” said Gable. “However, it is important that we continue raising awareness and dedicating resources to food allergies. We look forward to fruitful discussions during our global summit and the fresh, encouraging perspectives from all of our speakers and participants.”
The 2020 Living Teal™ Global Summit comes just nine days after FARE will bring together patient advocates, clinicians, industry representatives and investigators in academia and public service for its Contains: Courage® Research Retreat. The retreat focuses on a wide range of topics including food allergy disease and development, diagnosis and monitoring, new treatment approaches and prevention and includes presentations from industry leaders, including Ruslan Medzhitov, PhD (Yale University), Ruchi Gupta, MD MPH (Northwestern University), Dr. Kari Nadeau, MD, PhD (Stanford University), Gideon Lack, MD, and Alkis Togias, MD.
To view the full lineup of speakers or to register for the 2020 Living Teal™ Global Summit, please visit https://www.foodallergy.org/take-action/living-tealtm-global-summit/living-tealtm-global-summit-speakers.
FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) is the world’s leading non-governmental organization engaged in food allergy advocacy and the largest private funder of food allergy research. Our mission is to improve the quality of life and the health of individuals with food allergies, and to provide them hope through the promise of new treatments. FARE is transforming the future of food allergy through innovative initiatives that will lead to increased awareness, new and improved treatments and prevention strategies, effective policies and legislation and novel approaches to managing the disease. To learn more and to register for FARE’s upcoming virtual events, including the 2020 Contains: Courage® Research Retreat and the 2020 Living Teal™ Global Summit, please visit www.foodallergy.org.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fare-announces-living-teal-global-summit-speaker-lineup-301127796.html
SOURCE Food Allergy Research & Education